Diode Training for the Dental Professional
Dr Kusek is one of 23 recognized course providers by the ALD worldwide and has served on the executive director board of ALD for over five years.
This course is for any clinician, from non-laser users to experienced users. You will learn the basics to build a foundation of your knowledge to get a firm grasp of how to treat advanced periodontal cases. This course is designed to aid you on tissue/laser interaction in a classroom setting with multiple hands-on demonstrations, which includes working on live patients (for those of you who hold a SD license*)! Benefit for you is to make safe decisions for treatment of periodontal patients and it will give you the confidence to use laser pocket reduction as a treatment modality in your practice!
- Edward R. Kusek, DDS
- Jeanette Miranda, RDH
- Cindy Dellman, RDH
- Amanda Voegeli, RDH
- Shayna Berke, RDH
- Vicki Neve, Front Office Manager
- Hands-On with live patients (SD licensees only*)
- Laser Safety (Machine Safety, Signage, Glasses, High Volume Suction, Cutting & Cleaving Fiber Hands-on)
- Laser Procedures (Venous Lake, Apthous Ulcers/Herpes, Bleaching, Periodontal Therapy, Steps for LAPT, Technique for LAPT, Tissue Coagulation)
- Laser Physics (Diode, Erbium Lasers)
- Explanation of LAPT
- Hands-On using pig jaws
- Treatment Planning (Simple & Difficult Cases)
- Tissue Troughing, Fibromas & Frenectomies
- New Technology/Treating Peri-implantitis
- This course satisfies the components of Standard Proficiency Dental Laser Education when exams are included and successfully completed.
- Friday, September 26, 2017 -- 10 am to 6 pm
- Saturday, September 27, 2017-- 8 am to 3 pm
Family & Implant Dentistry Office
4921 E. 26th St., Suite 1
Sioux Falls, SD 57110
What to Bring:
- Lab Coat
- Laser & Safety Glasses (if you are a laser owner)
$695.00 per person plus another $175.00 if you choose to take the Standard Proficiency Exam at the end of the course.**
14 hours of AGD approved CE with the Academy of Laser Dentistry
Registration is recommended for Dentists and Dental Hygienists, laser users and non-laser users. You do not need to be an owner of the laser.
Registration is required by September 15, 2017. Space is limited, so register early to guarantee a spot!
* Unfortunately, SD law does not allow out-of-state license holders to work on live patients, but there are many other hands-on activities with the laser to help you become comfortable using them in your office!
**Due to change in testing for the Standard Proficiency by the Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD), those wishing to take the written test (for proficiency) will now need to do so at the conclusion of our Laser Pocket Reduction Course on Saturday. There is an additional fee of $175 (payable to the ALD) for this exam. The test is now a psychometric analyzed exam, which gives it more credibility with state boards and universities. For those wishing to take the exam at our course, you will have Friday evening to study. All material needed to pass the exam will be given to you during the course Friday. We will need to know in advance if you intend to take the exam. Payment for this exam can be made directly to the ALD via their website or by calling 1-954-346-3776. If you do not take the exam at the end of this course, you have a couple of other opportunities to gain your ALD Standard Proficiency (at the ALD annual meeting or at another time, possibly.)
Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn and Homewood Suites by Hilton are very nice hotels with convenient locations to our office!
Hilton Garden Inn
5300 South Grand Circle
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Phone: (605) 444-4500
Shuttle: To/from airport 5 am to 11 pm. For airport pickup, let know flight info ahead of time and they will watch flight number and pick up when plane is scheduled to land.
Homewood Suites by Hilton
3620 West Avera Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Phone: (605) 338-8585
Free Continental Breakfast!
Shuttle: to/from airport 24 hours/day. Call hotel number when plane lands for pickup from airport.
Takes roughly 15 minutes for shuttle.
Holiday Inn Express
3821 West Avera Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Shuttle: to/from airport 8 am to 11 pm. Call hotel number when plane lands for pickup from airport. Takes roughly 15 minutes for shuttle.
There are several other hotels in the area. If you would like us to recommend any others, please feel free to contact us!
Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD)
- 2801 Jaycee Lane
- Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Phone: (605) 336-0762
- Web: http://www.sfairport.com/
Transportation to and from the SF airport and hotel can be arranged if needed, so renting a car is not necessary unless you prefer to do so.
- Omaha, NE
- (2.5 hour drive from Sioux Falls)