Low Level Laser Therapy
What is low level laser therapy (LLLT)?
- LLLT work by emitting a very specific light that is invisible to the naked eye directed towards small areas of the target tissue.
- This specific light energy stimulates cells in the desired area to respond in a way that increases our body's own natural mechanisms.
- These mechanisms increase cellular and tissue repair and decreases the amount of sensitivity and pain in the area.
what are the benefits of lLLT?
LLLT is used to help shorten the duration and severity of sensitivity and inflammation.
There are also no known side effects to LLLT and it is FDA approved.
what is commonly treated by LLLT
- This form of technology can be used to help treat many different conditions but it typically works best on those areas that have pain or recent trauma
- Some of the conditions that we use LLLT to treat at our office are:
- TMJ, Muscular Pain, Recent Extraction Soreness, Lichen Planus, Aphthous Ulcers, Actinic Chelitis