What are the benefits of sedation dentistry?
- Once you've experienced sedation dentistry with Dr. Kusek, you'll probably never be afraid to go to the dentist again!
- You'll be sedated just enough to be unaware, or remember the treatment. You will wake up refreshed, and feel as though the procedure only took 15 minutes.
- We can perform any procedure under IV sedation including cleanings or fillings, however our most common procedures performed under sedation are implant placement and wisdom tooth removal.
- There are a variety of reasons why sedation dentistry might be right for you.
- Complex dental treatments that often require six to eight appointments can be done is as little as one, all while you relax.
- People who have difficulty getting numb will also find that conscious sedation will eliminate this problem.
- Other situations for this type of dentistry are: extreme apprehension or fear, history of traumatic dental experiences, bad gag reflex, very sensitive teeth, limited time to complete dental care, aversion to needles and shots, bothered by noise, smells, or taste associated with dental office, and even those who are afraid or embarrassed about their teeth.
What should I expect while undergoing IV conscious sedation?
- You will be sedated with drugs given intravenously, rather than orally.
- This is a safe alternative because the drugs that are given provide an immediate result, and are also easily reversible (unlike orally, which would require a venous portal to reverse).
- We use the most clinically effective and proven medications to help ensure that while you are under sedation you will feel and remember nothing at all.
- Upon completion of the appointment, Dr Kusek and his team will wake you up peacefully and we will help assist you in managing in post-operative discomfort.
What are Dr Kusek's Sedation Certifications?
- Dr Edward R Kusek has been performing IV conscious sedation since 1995, after completing rigorous training from Dr Daniel Becker at the Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, Ohio.
- Dr Kusek is also a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology and helps perform on-site inspections for the South Dakota State Board of Dentistry for other offices in the Sioux Falls area to ensure their sedation protocol is up to proper standards.
Imagine being able to smile with confidence, or to be able to chew your food without pain. No wonder so many patients say, "Thank you, Dr. Kusek. Sedation dentistry changed my life."